Have you hit that “There`s nothing in my wardrobe that fits” stage?
Are you finding that clothes that fitted you a few weeks ago are now baggy and unflattering, and as you are not at your ideal goal weight yet you don`t want to splash out on lots of new clothes?
It is possible to shop for new clothes whilst losing weight as why would you want to feel frumpy or uncomfortable at any stage of your weight loss journey?
Here are some tips to help you look and feel your best during every stage of your weight loss journey.
When looking to purchase new items for your wardrobe look at what you currently have and what items you can combine to enhance the items you have, examples:
- Belts – they are great for when things get a little baggy, and why not show off that lovely new waist you have appearing!
- Scarves - tie them round your neck and tuck in your now loose top, this will give you a whole new look on the same item of clothing, as well as still giving you extra shape and style.
- Boots – everyone knows how a new pair of boots can up the ante on any outfit, be bold go for long boot or a small heel to show case a whole new look.
- Accessorise - A new bag, shoes, a little or a lot of costume jewellery, or even a bright new lipstick colour can all help to keep an outfit looking fresh.
- Buy stretchy fabrics - clothes that can stretch to contour to your body at a variety of sizes are your best bet right now. Size down if possible, and you’ll get more use out of them in the near future and as you maintain your new weight.
- Look at items from the basic range, which are mix and match, as these are great transitional items to have that do not cost too much.
- Shop in the sales, Charity shops and Clothes Swap/Buy groups on Facebook. Try looking on eBay and you will then also be able to re sell them on again at a later date.
- Revamp your undies! Buy bras that have slightly moulded cups. This way, as your body is sure to change, your bras will stay in place offering you shape and the coverage that you will need until it's time to definitely change bra size. In order to avoid the saggy underwear look under your clothes try body shapers made out of clingy or stretchy fabrics.
- Buy a Motivational Clothing Item! Place it somewhere you will see often, so that you always stay motivated and consistent throughout your weight loss journey Pin a note to it saying, “This is me, this is my dress!”
Have you got any tips on how to buy clothes when losing weight? Share them below to be in with a chance of winning a set of Bluetooth Scales. Our favourite comment will be chosen on Thursday 21st June 2018 at 4 pm!
By Joanne Jones, Customer Care Advisor
Win these fantastic Bluetooth Scales - Log your weight on your phone!